1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can't remember the title?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by JenW, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Can anybody remember a short children's novel about children campaigning to save a pig. The children find the pig and keep it in a shed but when the adults find out they want to send it back to the abbatoir and a 'Save Our Pig' campaign commences! I would love to use it in class but can't find it.

2. Charlotte's Web by E. B. White?

3. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

Charlotte's Web has similarities but I don't think that it's the one the OP is describing.

4. Thanks but no it's not Charlotte's Web. It's something like 'Pig' or 'The Pig' or possible 'Save Our Pig' but no google searches are giving me any luck. Thanks for trying though.

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Been buggin me as I seem to remember this too!
    Only book I can come up with is set in WWII called Ernestine pig in a potting shed but can't find any review to see if it's that one.

6. beershop

beershop New commenter

7. Sounds like it may be a Dick King Smith book. This page gives a full list of all his books:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_King-Smith