1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can't even seem to get started today...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by primaryteacheruk, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Really struggling to get started on planning today, and don't feel like I've got the energy or enthusiasm to get through another week. I just feel like I've really lost my way with planning and lost my passion for working with the children. Any ideas of how to dig myself out of this rut?

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

No ideas, but if you find a secret I'd like to know it as well.

I'm supposed to be starting a new topic in literacy, which should be exciting, but I can't be bothered with it. I actually want to teach what a friend of mine was talking about the other day, just because it sounded fun and my class would like it.

For maths, I need to go over bits that we haven't done for ages ready for them doing SATs soon...great reason for teaching, not!

I like my class and the week will be better with great lessons, but *sigh* downloading naff ones ready made is vaguely appealing today.

3. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

What are you sending off? TA isn't submitted for a fair few weeks yet (I don't think).

4. smallschool

smallschool New commenter

My yr6's have enjoyed the challenge of a paired/triad task of 'making the best possible answer' for the reading comp practise papers, and because it has been lots og discussion about what they should and shouldnt include, it has really seemed to train them in looking for extra information, without them being nagged by me! win/win really

5. Well, we're sending off our TA levels. What I meant was that I don't know the date for doing so, so am hoping it's in the week before half-term, to give me enough time to feel happy that I've done them okay!
    This is my first time in Year 6 and all this assessment stuff being all changed from last time... I'm finding it hard to get my head around some of it!