1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can't believe it!!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by daffodilval, Apr 11, 2011.

1. I can't believe just how many mums have already put on their status on FB
    'day1 and the kids are all ready bored and doing my head in'
    For crying out loud, enjoy them and their time with you...grrrrr

2. I can't believe just how many mums have already put on their status on FB
    'day1 and the kids are all ready bored and doing my head in'
    For crying out loud, enjoy them and their time with you...grrrrr

3. The reason their kids are bored is because they are probably making no effort to entertain them! It's unny outside where I am, get them down the park!

4. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

I am always shocked at how little some people like their children. All they can go on about is the inconvenience of having to spend time in their company.
    No wonder the kids can't respect others; even the person who brought them into the world doesn't want to be with them.
    Sad

5. You don't need to entertain kids. Kids can amuse themselves. Boredom is normal.
    Get them down the park and outside and they will run off and play happily.
    Conversely, they will relish time with you - go swimming, play rounders, play in the garden with water pistols, tickle, bake, laught.
    That may be too much effort for some Mums (and Dads), who would need to move their **** to actually do something with their kids.
    If you can't make the effort, stick a doll in the corner of your room. It doesn't speak, move or want or need anything.

6. It makes you wonder why they bothered having them in the first place, saying that, a lot of mums around here, are barely children themselves..

7. Sad, isn't it?
    I don't get school holidays. I plan well in advance to have time off with my kids and I LOVE it.
    And yes, when they are quarrelling or misbehaving, I take a big sigh and find myself getting impatient.
    But that time is so prescious. They will be flown the nest soon enough.
    I want to enjoy this time with them, good and bad.

8. lardylady

lardylady Lead commenter

Why should parents have to entertain their kids? I wasn't 'entertained' by my parents. Boredom can actually be a good thing- it might encourage some creativity and self reliance.

9. As I said above.
    But it shouldn't be doing you head in.

10. lardylady

lardylady Lead commenter

Precisely- that's why I don't have kids because I know they'd get on my wick.

11. awwwwwwwwww. That is honest.
    I love spending time with mine. Not all day mind, I did that for 6 years. I am quite glad to be working again and not just Mummy.
    I do expect them to just amuse themselves as well. I find myself saying what my mother said, and swore I would never say "If you are bored, you are boring".
    It works, though.
    But I do like doing things with them too. They make me laugh. They make me feel good. They remind me that life should be fun. They let me be silly and play around.
    And for all the hard work they are - I love them to bits and am very grateful that I have them.

12. I miss my kids being little :(

My youngest is 15 but we have plans for the Easter hols including the Zoo, shopping, baking, having a games day, watching the royal wedding and a dvd day so far!!

She will also spend time with her BF. My other two are grown up and don't live at home but they will get over here for some family time.

13. I love being with my children in the holidays because it gives us time to do things we don't get time to do otherwise. I would be lying, though, if I didn't admit to a couple of days where we have to adjust to each other being together so much. They don't get on my wick but it's out of their usual routine and they bicker a bit (they're 6 & 8). We get them to make their own reward charts for the noticeboard in the kitchen and decide on their treats and that's working wonderfully.
    Every holiday time I love being reminded just how lovely they are and what pleasure they bring. Sadly, I don't notice that enough during the working week[​IMG]

14. henriette

henriette New commenter

My fabulous 14 year-old son went to Spain with school on Thursday and came back at 1 o'clock this morning..............I missed hinm so mucxh!
    Today was struck out as a "splodge" day - much helped by the HP DVD being on sale this morning, so we went and bought it (plus hot dogs for lunch) and he and his sister (bored stiff without her big bro all weekend!) watched it twice this afternoon!