1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cant afford to go to interviews as not being paid !

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by ff392, May 3, 2011.

1. I have 2 interviews next week and 2 the week after but I.ve been told I wont get paid for any of these days as school policy. As I rely on all my money to support my family , not sure if can lose 4 days money if I end up having to go to all interviews ! Anyone else had this happen to them ?

2. I have 2 interviews next week and 2 the week after but I.ve been told I wont get paid for any of these days as school policy. As I rely on all my money to support my family , not sure if can lose 4 days money if I end up having to go to all interviews ! Anyone else had this happen to them ?

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Why? Are you on day-to-day supply? If not I'm not sure they're allowed to dock your pay, your union rep would be the best oerson to ask.
    If you really will lose pay & you can't afford it, could you prioritise interviews & decide which to go to, explain to the school & then see if they're prepared to pay you for at least one?