1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

cancelling supply

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by good_karma1, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Does anyone know if there is a minimum cancellation period for supply?I was booked in for one day this week and it has just been cancelled as the teacher does not now need to attend a seminar. It was diarised (accepted) weeks ago. Frustrating, as I have planned all the lessons now!

2. I have been cancelled on the day I have been booked for but it's never been a problem as I've never planned work. If it has been booked so far in advance I would expect all the planning to be left for you.

3. You would think so. This particular teacher always books early but never provides any planning.

4. I've turned up at the school to be told I wasn't required. I always set off early and never have my phone on in the car so I'm not tempted to answer and break the law - I know there are such things like hands free - but don't have them and don't want them.
    The schools haven't even offered to pay for my travel expenses - and of cours that means I'm not available for any other work that might have come my way.
    Seems it's just hard luck.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

You would have thought a decent school would have a moral issues here - it has happened to me so the school released a teacher in the morning and in the afternoon so they could catch up with some stuff.
    But that's a decent school with morals[​IMG]

6. I was literally just on my way out of the door one day last week when the phone rang and the school had cancelled. It was a pre booked supply too. Quite annoying really. It wouldn't be acceptable if I cancelled on them 30 mins before I had to be there would it. It's not happened to me before though so hopefully it's just a one off.

7. I turned up at a school this morning, that I go to most weeks, to be meet with blank looks. Ofsted had arrived and I think they just forgot I was booked. So lots of apologies from them and good luck from me and off I toddle home.
    But on the plus side I have spent today planning my interview lesson for next week instead of being in a mad panic at the weekend.