1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CANCEL MEMBERSHIP TO A UNION!

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by thekillers, Jul 26, 2008.

1. thekillers

thekillers Established commenter

Can anyone tell me how I can cancel my unio membership with the NASUWT, please? I am intending to join ATL, as they seem cheaper to me!

2. thekillers

Can anyone tell me how I can cancel my unio membership with the NASUWT, please? I am intending to join ATL, as they seem cheaper to me!

3. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

Ring them up and tell them you want to cancel!

4. thekillers

Oh, yeah! Cheers for that!

5. teachur

teachur New commenter

What a very strange thread.

Was it a trick question??

6. It was an advert for ATL. Persuaded me not to join them.

7. 1 | Posted by: thekillers at 26 Jul 2008 15:19

Can anyone tell me how I can cancel my unio membership with the.......

Now we know the silly season has arrived!

8. If you are going to leave them then leave for a better reason than money. The NASUWT/NUT let us all down when they dangled the pay increase carrot when new labour wanted to impose the gtce....the teachers voted for ....yep...the money! Leave those unionist cowards for a reason mate!

9. In fact...ask for a new union...and watch those cowards argue with eachother over who should lead it. We need REAL UNIONISTS not this shower.

10. Hiya, I am returning to teaching after a break of a few years. Can anyone recommend a union to join, or are they much of a muchness?

11. hoglett

hoglett New commenter

Check who is the most 'active/approachable' in the staffroom.

12. Unison,more dynamic!

13. Actually, it is a good question as you have to say that you are leaving in writing. A phone call isn't acceptable and they will continue to take the money if you don't. Apparently as a union is not specifically a commercial business, you need to write and cancel the membership.

14. Nope,just throw them out of your bank account! I walked away from the NASUWT (as they are backing the gtce and new labour) simply phoned em and went on my merry way. Sadly the other unions are just as weak/idle,so Iam unionless...feels good!

15. you are a fool

16. Nope...just a teacher,well a damn brilliant one actually. Would like to know who the "fool" was who sold the NASUWT out to the gtce though. Carry on.