1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can you teach other subjects on a Health and Social Care PGCE???

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by shanfan, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I am about to embark on a Health & Social Care PGCE, however, would like to know whether you would be able to teach other subjects i.e. RE or teach as a primary school teacher.
    Many Thanks
    Shan

2. Hello,
    I am about to embark on a Health & Social Care PGCE, however, would like to know whether you would be able to teach other subjects i.e. RE or teach as a primary school teacher.
    Many Thanks
    Shan

3. pete14

pete14 New commenter

It all depends on the school you are attached to. If they are happy for you to do this, then OK but they may be keen to check that your subject knowledge is sufficient to teach RE successfully. Maybe there are elements of RE within your degree.
    Primary would be more difficult I would think because if you are on a training salary, your school would probably expect you to teach exclusively for them - make timetabling a bit easier as well.
    I would have thought these were things that would be answered at interview though as different providers may think differently.