1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can you still thread a needle?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Waterfin, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Happily, it is Mr Waterfin that does the sewing in this house. I have the kids well trained to take any sewing they need doing to him. [​IMG]

2. ljr

ljr New commenter

What a coincidence - I only discovered last night that I can't still thread a needle! I used my sewing machine for the first time for at least a year & spent so long trying to thread the needle I was about to give up, luckily I managed it in the end but it was very difficult.

3. I need to wear my reading glasses to do this and unfortunately we are doing sewing as part of our topic work. So it's glasses on to thread and blurred class or glasses off and can't thread.
    Though it's the same problem with story time!

4. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Yup, sail thread or extra-strong button thread, doubled up. Also, a pair of pliers for pulling it through the stiffer areas.

5. I'm pleased to report yes I can. I impressed my daughter by sewing a button on her PE shirt this morning. It's easy to impress a 5 year old though.