1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can you specify key stage?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by ebetts, Sep 7, 2020.

1. ebetts

ebetts New commenter

When directly applying to schools for supply work, should you state your preferred key stage?

2. historygrump

historygrump Star commenter Forum guide

I would say in theory 'Yes', but it could cost you work, but in primary you could ask for key stage 2 or key stage 1 only, but in secondary you would have to accept both. This would also apply to agencies as well. As I have said the approach could cost you work, depending on who you deal with.

agathamorse likes this.
  3. ebetts

ebetts New commenter

It's only that I am an NQT who has experience in EYFS and KS1 and years 3 &4 not sure how confident i'd be in upper KS2 5 & 6. I feel that to make a good impression and do a good job, I would need to be honest!

4. Mrs-Pip

Mrs-Pip New commenter

You will be fine with the ages that you are offering!

agathamorse likes this.
  5. JJ83

JJ83 Occasional commenter

You can specify pretty much anything you want but be fully prepared for the agency to completely ignore it all!!

Happyregardless likes this.
  6. becky70

becky70 Occasional commenter

I think you should be OK if you're saying you'll go from EYFS to Year 4, that's quite a wide range. Approaching larger schools would be a good plan. I've worked in schools where there are 15 classes in your age range. Good luck!

Mrs-Pip and agathamorse like this.