1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can you spare 5 minutes?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mrtaylor001, May 6, 2012.

1. [​IMG] Hi Everybody,
    I hope that you are enjoying the long weekend?
    I am currently working on my dissertation, "Is there a shortage of male primary teachers?" and would like to hear your views via an online survey.
    It is important that I get views from both male and female teachers, so I have created two seperate links:
    Female
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/88NVYBF
    Male
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/88NG73Y
    Please could you pass these links onto your collegues too?
    Thank you for any help you can give me. There is a free virtual coffee to anybody who responds [​IMG]
    All the best,
    Mr T
    {:mad:>

2. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

Done although I would have liked to have ticked more than one answer for question 5. Thanks for the coffee [​IMG]

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I couldn't submit my results without lying in question 1. None of those reasons were remotely true, but I couldn't tick a 'none of the above' response.

Similar for question 5, far too narrow a field of answers.

4. I've just done it. I was answering that I was very concerned that people had that idea about male teachers, rather than I was just as concerned as they were that that is what male teachers were like. This question definitely needs clarifying, because you may have meant was I concerned in the same way as the research suggests, in which case my answer would have been the opposite! God, I've confused myself now....

5. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

I must say minnie I agree with you about question 1 too.

6. Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to complete my surveys.
    Also, thanks for the advice regarding some of the questions. There is the option to skip questions. However, I understand that you would have liked to have more options.
    With regards to the stigma, I was requesting your personal view.
    I do hope that this clarifies the question for you?
    All the best,
    Mr T

7. Hello again,
    Sorry, I have just re-read your comments regarding the stigma question.
    I suppose I am asking if you (personally) are concerned that there is a stigma out there with regards to male teachers. Are you worried/concerned that the "public" have this view?
    All the best,
    Mr T
    PS Thank you very much for all your help {:mad:>

8. Done! Good luck on dissertation.