1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can you spare 2 minutes to help with research?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by InspiredFoundations, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Hi everyone
    I am currently running an online survey into the knowledge professionals have with regards to attachment difficulties and developmental trauma. Its really imporant I get a clear picture, so if you have no knoweldge thats fine too!
    The survery only takes 2 minutes
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/L2NTV7J
    Thank you [​IMG]

2. Hi IF
    I have completed the survey and while I have had little formal training (via the adoption approval process) it is an area of interest for me and so I have done quite a lot of reading, discussing on message boards etc on my own. Plus I have attended a couple of courses where attachment was covered in a workshop as part of a wider day's training. THis means that while I have had little formal training I do feel fairly confident in my knowledge.

3. Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey. I have had a wonderful response and will be closing the survey within the next few days, ready to review the results.
    It is wonderful that you have done lots of your own research, and it is great that more people are recognising what impact a childs early experiences can have on their future development. However, within the training that I do, and contact I have with many adoptive parents and foster carer, it is apparent that their is still huge gaps in knowledge.
    Please feel free to contact me if you have any further thoughts or comments on this area www.inspiredfoundations.co.uk My research will also be on the website to view within a couple of months.
    Thanks again.