1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can you spare 2 minutes to complete a survey?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by InspiredFoundations, Jul 21, 2011.

1. I am wondering if you could take just a couple of minutes to complete my survey on professionals knowledge of the issues faced by looked-after and adopted children. It is not a test, and if you feel you don't know anything that is fine - my aim is to try to assess how much various professionals know and if/where they can access any training.

www.surveymonkey.com/s/L2NTV7J

Thank you in advance

www.inspiredfoundations.co.uk

2. phlogiston

phlogiston Lead commenter

I have to say that I don't know enough about it to know if I need to know about it.
    I guess you're saying that I do - I'm not sure whether it''s more of a pastoral thing, and how it impacts on subject teaching.
    P

3. Morninglover

Morninglover Lead commenter

Questions asked about 'adopted' children - I'm sure in 30 years I have taught quite a few, but this is something private that the schools simply don't know about (at least the 10+ secondary schools I've worked in!)

4. phlogiston

phlogiston Lead commenter

We are now supposed to know, because ofsted are keen to measure the positive progress of "looked after" children.
    P

5. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I don't think 'adopted' children count as 'looked after'. In my experience 'Looked after' means either 'in care' or 'fostered'.

I did the survey but I could have done with a 'never heard of it' option for many of the questions.

6. Morninglover

Morninglover Lead commenter

That's my understanding too