1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can you save you tube clips to memory stick to show in classroom?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by eggles, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Cervinia

Cervinia Occasional commenter

Do you have smart board/notebook?

2. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Yes, use the YouTube downloader.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Or use the keepvid website. Just google it and it is self explanatory.

4. There are loads of programmes to do this. Freecorder is good and YouTube downloaded is good. You will have to convert the file from a .FLV to something that will play on your school's computers, like a .WMV (windows media player) or MP4.

5. I do this regularly as YouTube is blocked at school. I use www.zamzar.com.
    Copy and paste the youtube URL into where it says 'Download Videos'. You have to select a file type that your classroom computer will support - I use .avi.
    The website will email you a link - when you follow it you can download the clip to your home laptop or memory stick.

6. Hi, I've successfully downloaded YouTube downloaded.
    How do I convert the file from a .FLV to windows media player?

7. Think Zamzar has a convert option too. Thats why I tend to use it - cos it downloads and converts in one go!

8. Good plan, i'll try that now

9. Good luck - Just seen you've had the call and am feeling your pain!

10. Can you log off the computer whilst it is downloading?

11. From Zamzar? I wouldn't whilst its actually downloading (ie you have received an email from Zamzar, clicked on the link in your email, followed the instructions and the pop-up box is on your screen).
    But if you mean you're still waiting for the email then that should be fine.
    In the past, I have used Zamzar the night before, shut down the machine overnight, then checked my email the next morning and downloaded the clip then.
    Hope that answers your question!

12. That was so easy, it cost me $7 but well worth it thanks. Will pass this onto others.

13. You shouldn't have to pay for this. The two I mentioned earlier are free. If you want some help, pm me.

14. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Once you have downloaded the YouTube file into YouTube downloader, by pasting the URL into the box, click on convert or play the file radio button just beneath it.

15. Erm, pleased it works but I agree - it shouldn't have to cost you anything! I have never been charged for this service! Although I have seen them advertising a paid for service so check out what you're getting for your $7. Sorry I didn't even think of that when I posted before!
    Have had a little look at the website and think it could be an online storage facility? This might mean you don't have to save to your memory stick but you should prob check you can access it on your school server before relying on it! Paying will prob also mean faster conversions and (by the looks of things) you can convert bigger files and more at once than you would be able to using the free service.