1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can you recommend a Year 6 production or play?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by reddevil, Jul 20, 2012.

1. reddevil

reddevil Occasional commenter

We've just done that and it went down really well. It's got a lot more than 30 parts, especially if the kids usually do back stage as well. The staff ended up doing that and we had to cut / combine some parts. It was enjoyable to do tho and the kids and parents loved it too.

2. Leicester_Vics

Leicester_Vics New commenter

We've just doneone called "School Daze".
    The script came with all the sheet music on a disk so you could print it as and when needed. More useful to us though (as we only have our painist in once a week and we only had a couple of weeks to actually learn and practise all the songs ) was the cd with all the music on.
    It had all the songs being sung, as well full backing/performance tracks and all the sounds effects needed for the performance.

The kids loved it, the staff were in stitches laughing, lots of parents came and told me how much they'd enjoyed it too. It's funny as we could certainly relate to the scenes at ours!
    I had 36 children and a few of them had to double up on parts. Costumes weren't too difficult as most of it is set in school so it's just normal uniform. I really enjoyed it and would definitely recommend. The song A.T.T.I.T.U.D.E is really catchy and personal favourite!

3. Pirates of the Curry Bean is great, and so is What A Knight.

4. loulou20

loulou20 New commenter

School Daze is fab!

5. I have just done Pirates of the Curry Bean with my Year 6 class of 29 students.. It was easy to adapt the parts and it is also easy to costume.I didn't use all the scenery or props which are suggested. The few songs in it are also easy to learn ( I am totally useless musically but managed this one without help). Parents, teachers and children loved it.

6. SansAtout

SansAtout New commenter

I haven't tried 'Pirates of the Curry Bean', but it's by Musicline and everything else I've used of theirs has been excellent. We performed 'Go for Gold' this year - very funny! Musicline have CDs with the backing tracks and sound effects, and have detailed performance notes including ideas for props and settings. My favourite show so far was the Rocky Monster Show - brilliant, especially if you have an Elvis impersonator in your class!

7. polly2

polly2 New commenter

Hello, we have just finished "The Heroes of Troy". I initially thought that it would be awful but the children and their parents loved it. It is free and can be accessed here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/troy/ You can download the songs, script and play. I would say it is the best play we have ever done.

8. star9

star9 New commenter

Rocky monster is great. We did that a couple of years ago. Also bugsy Malone and Joseph.

9. We just did 'Alice the Musical' from Out of the Ark, which was really good. We're a tiny school so did it as a whole KS2 production with Y5/6 taking the main parts and the others being soldiers, creatures, etc. Gorgeous songs!

10. In our school we do a "revue" of there time in our school. The children write there own scripts depicting memorable moments from every year and the big residentals. All the children have apart as they write their own lines! It results in a personal play that the parents and kids love as well as showing off their maturity and literacy skills!

11. Wow sorry for spelling mistakes! On my phone!!!

12. james.

james. New commenter

We did Roald Dahl's Cinderella, Children really enjoyed it. Simple songs and script which they found easy to learn as it's all in rhyme. The songs are very lively and almost all are really easy to pick up and learn. When we showed it to the school all the children laughed all the way through, as did all the parents when they saw it. There were numerous mentions of it being the best they'd ever seen.

Really simple, but it has parts that children can really make their own. No. of parts is variable, we did it with about 40, and added a few, so 30 would be perfect.