1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can you get pregnant by missing 1 pill.....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by mermy, Jun 3, 2009.

1. becoming pregnant after not taking it for a week isn't so suprising though - you are supposed to be super-fertile in the first month of not taking it.
    a friend was warned about this when she came off the pill (and conceived immediately both times she came off it).

2. whistle4it

whistle4it New commenter

It took me a year after coming off pill to fall preg, but everone is different. And my third test was positive.

3. whistle4it

whistle4it New commenter

Oh, and i was on Dianette for 12 years and missed loads not to mention tummy bugs!!

4. Thanks for all your replies ladies - I am already having a nice cold beer as deep down I don't think I am pg. It would be lovely and I am very broody at the moment (as you can probably tell!) I am impatient for July/Aug time to come so I can come off the pill and start this journey.
    You are right about all those ladies who are on the pilll, come off it properly and then dtd at the right time and still nature doesn't bless them so.....I am just working on the "I'm not" at the moment and any early extras are a blessing. The symptoms I had/have are a 24 bug/virus I think. I'll keep you posted but thanks for all your posts.

[​IMG]

5. Strange ol' world chica!
    Got diarrhea this morning and feel nauseous. Sure it's just all coincidental. Gone off alcohol too but I think that's due to having the poops.
    What an exciting life!

6. mermy

mermy Occasional commenter

Ha ha [​IMG] Lovely thoughts on a Monday morning

7. Great isn't it! TMI sorry!

8. Defintely cannot be I'm sure as BFN so will have to wait until the summer guys! [​IMG]

9. That's a long time to be having diarrhea isn't it? When did you do your last test?
    Is there any chance that you're having a reaction to something you're eating? (IBS or an intolerance?) Being tired could also be a sign of this.

10. mermy

If you were you wouldn't get a BFP until next week. So stay calm and wait [​IMG]

11. Oh really mermy? Such a load of stuff I need to learn. Will keep this mind.
    Mum has IBS and have posted about my stomach issues on Health and Wellbeing. Been suffering for a bit with diarrhea and constipation. At the moment keeping a food diary and then going to GP in the next week. I've been before with above problems and he has said it was stress.
    Other symptoms seem to have gone - apart from not having an appetite and ony fancying chinese food!

12. Going to doctor this week about my diarrhea problems.
    [​IMG]

13. mermy

Gosh, your bowels are really poo (sorry, couldn't help the pun [​IMG])

14. Not good is it mermy? Nearly got cut short today at school!

15. Got poos this morning but not as bad....only twice. But feel very sicky and was almost sick in toilet this morning.
    [​IMG]

16. Got poos this morning but not as bad....only twice. But feel very sicky and was almost sick in toilet this morning.
    [​IMG]

17. tigi

tigi Occasional commenter

mariposa,

why don't you join tes birds and the b's if you want more infor about ttc? We are lovely over there!

18. Think I may need to! Thanks. What is thread called?

19. mermy

There is a complete section on TTC. See you on the other side.
    p.s. Hope your tummy is better.

20. Stomach better now. Just not right....................[​IMG]