1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

can you change default font on Smart notebook?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lyorston, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Hello,

I was wondering is there a way of changing the font default settings on Smartnote book? As at the moment everything I type I then have to highlight, change to our schools cursive font and also change the size.
    It would be a lot easier (and quicker!) if I could change the settings.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. inq

inq

Yes!
    Open the smart notebook, click on the A on the tool bar, click on the lefthand most Aa. On the sidebar click on the properties tab (the bottom one) choose text style if it is not already selected. Adjust your font/ colour/ size at the bottom click save tool properties. Close Smart. This will then be your default text type when you reopen a new file, it will not change any old files you had changed.

3. Joi

Joi New commenter

I have often wondered this and googled it just now. Read this http://smartboardrevolution.ning.com/forum/topics/setting-and-keeping-the-text?commentId=2001664%3AComment%3A41419 it does seem to work! However, I don't know if the font you want is on the list.

4. Joi

Joi New commenter

Aaah, I am very slow at typing, and inq has descibed exactly what is on that link!

5. inq

inq

If the font you want isn't on the list then you should be able to set up a theme in My content that has the right font.
    Set up a page that has the background and font (including size/ colour) that you want.Click on Format on the toolbar at the top. Click on themes, Create Theme from Page. Give it a name e.g. school font. When you next open SMART if you click on the gallery tab and click on My Content there will be a theme bit - you school font option will be there. Double click on the theme and it will give you the option of just this page or on every page. I do this for coloured backgrounds as I have a child with a visual impairment and have to have a specific background colour.