1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can you believe it!!! 2 interviews same day!!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Flosspops, May 29, 2012.

1. Hi all I am so excitedI have 2 interviews in same morning am so pleased (1 for job that went some time ago but they went back through app forms for another position!!!) I am usually early years or Key stage 1 and this is y3 but my current year 2 are at least 50% level 3 (higher in SATS comp and math's than writing ) am soooo excited as this is a perm position but am a little daunted by y3 as key stage 2 exp is a little limited (supply work) but year 3 is not such a major jump and the progression of seeing where chn go will be great (as i went from FS 2c to year 1/2 mix this year!)
    Sorry to go on so anyway my question is if the temp job call me first (I worked there last year) how can I put them off for a little time to hear from perm school ? I don't want to say as last temp job I didn't get implied they thought I would get job from perm interview they knew I had as they rearranged interview time to meet me for.
    Oh I am sorry what a ramble!! [​IMG]

2. Hi all I am so excitedI have 2 interviews in same morning am so pleased (1 for job that went some time ago but they went back through app forms for another position!!!) I am usually early years or Key stage 1 and this is y3 but my current year 2 are at least 50% level 3 (higher in SATS comp and math's than writing ) am soooo excited as this is a perm position but am a little daunted by y3 as key stage 2 exp is a little limited (supply work) but year 3 is not such a major jump and the progression of seeing where chn go will be great (as i went from FS 2c to year 1/2 mix this year!)
    Sorry to go on so anyway my question is if the temp job call me first (I worked there last year) how can I put them off for a little time to hear from perm school ? I don't want to say as last temp job I didn't get implied they thought I would get job from perm interview they knew I had as they rearranged interview time to meet me for.
    Oh I am sorry what a ramble!! [​IMG]

3. Congrats on the interviews :) I hope you speak slower than you type! Phew...
    I believe that schools expect to hear your acceptance of the job as and when they offer it to you, or later that day at best. Fingers crossed the perm job calls you first!
    Best of Luck.

4. Thank you! I do try to speak slower, am feeling a tad calmer now. I hope the perm job calls me first too (with good news!) anyway thank you I thought that was the case am going to have to keep my fingers and toes crossed too! [​IMG]

5. Flosspops - well done on your two interviews! I've just had a school ring me about the same thing (applied there a little while back and now they are going through apps again for another vacancy they have). Wonder if it's the same school!! I've been offered a job for September already though so had to turn down their offer. What area of the country is it in??