1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can you be 'required' in during your holidays if you are primary care giver to child?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by ictLad, Aug 14, 2019.

1. springmorning

springmorning New commenter

I don't understand why the system is different in English schools. In Scotland all pupils are posted their results by SQA so no need to go into school. They also have the option to have results texted to them, which arrive, I think, at 8 a.m., before most post has arrived. But, they still receive certificates by post too.

2. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Results could always be posted to students (when I was working, anyway), but certificates had to be collected & signed for in person...they normally didn't arrive until later in the autumn anyway.

agathamorse likes this.
  3. springmorning

springmorning New commenter

It's the certificates which arrive by post on results day in Scotland.

4. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

I always think it odd. Going to school? But mine was 15 miles away. Why the hell would I do that? Loads of girls lived further away than that. Why would you?

And any self-respecting teacher is on holiday! That includes time spent in your back garden reading a trashy thriller. Holiday.

I don't remember but I'm sure my teachers at A level bade me farewell in July in a courteous fashion and wished me well for the future. Their work was concluded.

Of course, when I wanted to take Classical Greek a year later after dropping out of uni I just wrote to Miss Pope and asked her to teach me and she did on Saturdays. For nothing.

agathamorse likes this.