1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can you be forced to go and see occupational health if you don't want to?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by flossrock, Dec 11, 2011.

1. What are the criteria for this please? If the head demands that someone see OH and yet this person is not habitually off sick or has problems with their job that are health related can the head demand a referral?

2. What are the criteria for this please? If the head demands that someone see OH and yet this person is not habitually off sick or has problems with their job that are health related can the head demand a referral?

3. Torey

Torey Occasional commenter

If they have concerns regarding your heath, then they can recommend it. If you don't have any concerns it is probably easier to go and then if OH write this the Head will be satisfied.

4. as a rule OH is only involved for long term absences or habitual illness. But I agree with the OP that the head can ask you to see OH and I would go if only to show that you are ok. hope that helps?

5. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Yes, if it appears to the head that there may be a health-related problem. The Education (Health Standards) (England) Regulations 2003 para 7 c.

6. I would recommend visiting the OH. When I visited mine she was invaluable, very sincere, confidential and a great help to me in my situation.

7. thank you all for the replies - it is all sorted now and no more problems.