1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can You Answer My Survey Questionnaire About Technology in Education PLEASE

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ollieeebatterham, Aug 15, 2016.

1. ollieeebatterham

ollieeebatterham New commenter

Hello, I'm a university student studying graphic design and I am currently in the process of writing my dissertation. I need to find out some information regarding how technology has or has not aided in education. Please could you spare about a minute of your time to answer the questions in the survey link attached.

Thank you so much. If you have any other comments about technology in education, feel free to post below!

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/9VLRDFW

2. wanet

wanet Star commenter

Did you actually test this survey, which starts off with Smart boards - never used one, but i have used interactive white boards, if you do some research you will find out about them. Tend to agree with the research that said the only people to benefit were the manurfacturers.

But to be honest with you I think that you need to design a much better survey if you want anything useful from it.

sabrinakat likes this.
  3. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

That's a poorly worded survey which will give you horrible answers.

4. nomad

nomad Star commenter

I did take a look at your survey, @ollieeebatterham but do not feel I can complete it.

May I suggest you head to the library and take out:

• 'Doing Your Research Project: A Guide For First-Time Researchers' by Judith Bell, or
    • 'The Good Research Guide: For Small-Scale Social Research Projects' by Martyn Denscombe, or
    • 'How to Do Your Research Project' by Gary Thomas, or
    • 'Research Methods in Education' by Louis Cohen

These may help you to construct a survey questionnaire which will really help you to get some creditable statistical data for your dissertation.

Apart from everything else, remember that Smart are not the only manufacturers of interactive touchscreen technology, but your questionnaire would seem to assume that this is the case.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016