1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can we invent a TES drinking game?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lanokia, Dec 2, 2015.

1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I'm not encouraging drinking! The drink could be non-alcoholic... but we definitely need a TES drinking game!

Thing is I don't know drinking games... maybe something like one drink when Lanokia mentions Star Wars?

Or one drink for an immigrants thread!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  2. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

No second bidding needed! :D

I've just emptied my glass of wine (off to refill) at the mere thought of it.

I get (my rules!) a bonus of an entire bottle whenever a certain poster Likes one of my posts! (No, of course I won't name it!)

I'll get a round in whenever I write a post moaning about how useless union representation is!

3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Glsghost . . .you sound like you might be in the mood for this, it's your festive avatar ;)

balloon_at_sunset_santa.gif

cissy3 and GLsghost like this.
  4. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

felltogroundinberkeleysquare Established commenter

I'm having one drink for an "immigrant" today, since my son "had to go to Guildford" until 11pm yesterday on a work mission, having started work at 8.30 am elsewhere. Poor S said she would be looking for "lipstick on his collar". Silly girl. Do you have any jobs for a girl who speaks fluent Russian, French and English, even though she thinks she has failed having got her work permit yesterday, and an interview for 7th ? Teaches us all a lesson, doesn't it?

5. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Lan, I like the idea of a game but I haven't a clue how it would work :confused:

6. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

I want to know how to get a festive Christmas hat onto my hot air balloon! :D

kibosh likes this.
  7. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

Star wars?
    Have a drink.

Done.

Great start to a game.

Perhaps one for every OFSTED quote by the Guardian?

Star wars.

cissy3 and lanokia like this.
  8. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

I love you very much - hic! :D

cissy3 and kibosh like this.
  9. marlin

marlin Star commenter

If you click on the image in Kibosh's post and save it into Your Pictures on your computer you can upload it in the usual way - BUT - make sure you have the original avatar saved before you make the change (or know where to get it back from) or you may lose it.

GLsghost likes this.
  10. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I only drink water . . . which is lucky as I intend to offer a round every time @marlin writes a really helpful post about using this website!

Best wishes

marlin and cissy3 like this.
  11. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

Yes - thank you @marlin! I managed to do that and I know where the original is! :D

I am curious to know how @kibosh did it. It only took seconds!

marlin and cissy3 like this.
  12. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

It makes me laugh everytime I see that balloon flash.:p .

How about a drink for everytime kibosh has put a hat on an avatar!

GLsghost, marlin and Duke of York like this.
  13. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

It's just as well kibosh took up the challenge. I'd have been inclined to have it go flash and then go pop if I'd have done it.

cissy3 likes this.
  14. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

Theo I'm good with water but mine has to come from a recently-discovered spring on Mars. Ching ching.

Noja likes this.
  15. Duke of York

I've got a drinking game you can play. Throw me a ball and try to take a swig before I've retrieved it, jumped on your lap and made you spill it.

16. marlin

marlin Star commenter

I will buy @lanokia a large whiskey when he manages to solve the Matthew thread!

17. marlin

marlin Star commenter

A round of drinks on Theo's tab please barperson :)
    Teaching reception/year 1 mixed class

[​IMG]

18. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I thought the Christmas quiz was the TES drinking game, it certainly works that way for me.

19. Duke of York

It clearly was when you were writing the questions.

Mangleworzle likes this.
  20. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

What's the Chrismas quiz?