1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can we connect iPad1 to a smart board...

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by lime_maze, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Hi,

Do any ICT wizzards know if we can connect an iPad1 to the smartboard? If so how do i do it. I have a wireless network at school and the school laptop is a windows one. There are some apps and things on my iPad that would be an excellent teaching resource.

2. Hi,

Do any ICT wizzards know if we can connect an iPad1 to the smartboard? If so how do i do it. I have a wireless network at school and the school laptop is a windows one. There are some apps and things on my iPad that would be an excellent teaching resource.

3. The display is completely different. Short of pointing a camera at it, no.

4. Annoyingly, not that I know of. I use VNC server/viewer on my android pad but that's no help to you....
    Webcam over the top of it linked back to the board it seems!!!

5. http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC552ZM/A?afid=p223|GBUK&cid=AOS-EMEA-SHOP-GoogleBase-UK

To begin with you need one of these. This will allow you to connect your ipad to your projector.
    Next you need apps on the ipad that have been designed to work with the vga adapter. There are loads, some let you output from other apps such as Keynote or Safari, others let you display specific file types. Others are just good programs with support for the VGA adapter. Look on the app store for vga.

6. Hi everyone, thanks for your help.

i have seen this VGA Adaptor which insted connects to a projector. I think i may try this and give it ago, if it doesnt work i will take it back.

Such a shame that the iPad isnt as flexble as it could be. It looks like connecting it straight to the projector is my best bet.

Why cant things be simple? Thanks for getting back to me guys.

7. Don't be fooled. The vga adapter, ans in fact all the output adapters on an iPad, do not do what you'd think!

They will only display from specific apps, the iPad interface is never shown, and get this.... Movies from itunes will not play either.

Fantastic apps like penultimate.... forget it!

I love my iPad (I'm writing this on mine), but, as a class teaching device, Steve Jobs has nobbled it!

Love my iPad, HATE apple inc!

8. I ended up buying a vga adaptor and jail broke it and connected it to my tv and it mirrored the ipad, thanks for all your help, it looks like i will be able to connect it to my projector at school. I also bought Logmein app so i can wirelessly control the smart board with my ipad

9. I take it you didn't go watch the video then, where it shows you how to jailbreak the ipad so you CAN show the ipad interface; or actually read my previous post where I said you needed the vga adapter AND apps that work with it. In fact I went out of my way to make SURE no-one would look like a fool.....except you I guess!

10. Wow; you're an ***..... but I guess you knew that already

11. You could try using the Infocus Liteshow III wireless adaptor along with the Mobishow iPhone App. It's supposed to work okay but I've never tried. I can confirm that it didn't work with the Android version of the app with my Galaxy Tab, so it might be an expensive experiment.

12. Airsketch is a handy app for some limited uses of a wireless connection, i wrote about it on www.mrstucke.com - search the site for it (why can't I paste urls in here?!?)