1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can this day get any better?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gorgybaby, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Want one of mine? Nice to know that things are on the up for you. Very concerned about the Zulu thing though! Want to borrow one of my cats? Even better, want to borrow Blackie from next door but two who is very confused with it being the holidays and keeps popping in for dinner/a snooze, only to find me in my own home, cramping his style.

2. Thank you gorgy, should love to borrow blackie - I have no problems with confused felines!
    What's wrong with Zulu? One of the best films ever!

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Well that makes at least two of us reprobates watching Zulu then cosmos. We got a new HD telly with BluRay for Xmas and I'm making the most of it. House of Flying Daggers and Avatar yesterday, Zulu today. Talk about audio-visual gluttony ;-)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

That was my plan for this afternoon too but I've got caught up in Pollyanna.
    Sometimes I worry about myself.

5. catmother

catmother Star commenter

As I'm pretty sure that I live in the same small Scottish town as your dad,you are welcome to borrow the monster in my avatar. She's currently lying on the bed,having covered the bedding with dirty muddy paws!

6. You have 15 minutes in which to see sense seren (try saying that out loud) and TURN OVER to watch Zulu! Pollyanna - ugh! mind you, I desperately wanted to be Hayley Mills when I was a little girl.

7. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I don't know why but I thought you were a he not a she.

8. How kind catmother - could you just make sure her pawsa are completely clean first!
    Fireballs on Friday?

9. cosmos did your dad have a good christmas with his wonderful neighbours?
    Enjoy your day.

10. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I might give it a miss as it gets so crowded. As for dirty paws,this is what happens when the ground is saturated with melting snow.....at least,it nearly all gone.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

oh...it's worse than that - it's the 2003 version with the usually awful Amanda Burton as Aunt Polly. For once her bland, expressionless and emotionless acting suits the part.
    The problem is solved though - I'll watch Zulu on 4+1...it'll be the perfect antidote for all that schmaltz.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Poor Will. Someone's always firing at him.

13. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

Mary Poppins :)

14. Well that was just perfect... now for a cuppa and a piece of stollen.
    chillie - he had a really good time thank you. Neighbours invited him to lunch and then let him to be on his own, but kept a beady eye on him. Back in his own house now and all is well and cosy.

15. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Glad your having a good day cosmos. All the best to your dad.
    My day is also pretty damn good. Lunch with old friend, bumped into other friends, heard about an engagement, now chilling with the radio, remains of lovely fish pie for later and plenty of drink in. My friend said our house was very calm. Result !!