1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can they take UP3 etc away later

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by ajtextiles, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Someone was saying that some head teachers have been discussing taking people's UP1,2 or 3 away if they are later deemed not to be meeting the standards.
    Was thinking that if your exam results dropped then they could say you are not performing so well. Thinking about the impact of Controlled Assessments particualry when they account for a big part of final grades.
    So my question is could Heads go for this as a means of saving maoney in these hard up times?

2. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

No - they can only take you into capability proceedings on this basis.

4. This is interesting as a guy at work who should be in the know was trying to advise me to do stuff like moderation and marking to show I was still doing over and above to keep my present UP3.
    I might add my last obs was ontstanding so no worries there.
    He appeared to be saying that this is a topic Heads are looking into, so they can squeeze even more out of us exhausted souls.
    Could well see a govt trying this though!

5. Morninglover

Morninglover Lead commenter

Trying to get you do his work...? [​IMG]

6. <u>No,</u> but he worried me as he seemed to be in the know.
    I had extra money (small amount paid as an R&R) to run my area which has been taken away due to the new structuring and I was just trying to work out with him if I could therefore pass on some of what I did and he dropped this into the conversation. He is the school's union rep to which I belong and teaches a completely different subject,
    Oh and yes I know you cannot have an R&R to do a job but they called it an incentive and then paid it as an R&R for 5Years!!!!

Perhaps I just misunderstood him. Let us hope so as if Heads try this one there will be trouble ahead I'm sure.

7. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

But while there's music and moonlight and love and romance, let's face the music and dance!