1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can someone to take a look at my gtp personal statement please!?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by todd89, Jan 28, 2012.

1. todd89

todd89 New commenter

I have failed to gain an interview for two gtp partnerships so far, and I am therefore concerned that it could be my personal statement. I have one more opportunity to apply for another partnership, so I would be forever grateful if someone could give me some feedback/advice on my personal statement.

It could well be that my experience is not enough, but I know a friend who has been successful with only having one coaching qualification, just like me, but that's of course not say her other experience beats mine.

It's for PE secondary by the way.

2. I'm not a PE teacher, but I'd be happy to look at your personal statement. I did a GTP 6 years ago. I can give you some ideas of how to "big up" the experience you do have so that schools are interested in your potential. You also need to put lots of emphasis on your personal attributes and own philosophy of education..and convince them of your enthusiasm for your subject as well as your commitment to learning a challenging job. PM me if you like.

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

It may not be the personal statement- the number of PE ITT places have been reduced and with GTP priority is given to secondary shortage subjects. The exact funding situation has not been fully confirmed but most universities are expecting further reductions. The situation is going to be similar for all non E Bac subjects.