1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can somebody tell me if this is true...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cleggy1611, Feb 11, 2012.

1. cleggy1611

cleggy1611 New commenter

Hi
    I've just read on the assessment forum that KS2 floor targets require 60% level 4 in maths and English combined and that there are no floor targets for seperate subjects any more with regards to level 4. Can anybody confirm this please?
    I also found this which seems to confirm:
    A spokesperson from the relevant policy team at the DfE told us that the floor targets for 2011 are the same as those used in the performance tables in December 2010.
    A primary school would be seen as underperforming if its results show that, at the end of Key Stage (KS) 2:
    • Under 60% of pupils achieve level 4 or above in English and maths; and
    • A below-average percentage of pupils make expected progress in English (national median is 87%); and
    • A below-average percentage of pupils make expected progress in maths (national median is 86%)
    The spokesperson confirmed that all three criteria must apply for a school to be described as underperforming.
    A spokesperson from the statistics team at the DfE confirmed that the 2010 floor standards remain current.
    We asked whether there would be new floor targets for 2012, and were told:
    P. I would have posted on assessment forum but it seems a bit quiet!

2. cleggy1611

cleggy1611 New commenter

Hi
    I've just read on the assessment forum that KS2 floor targets require 60% level 4 in maths and English combined and that there are no floor targets for seperate subjects any more with regards to level 4. Can anybody confirm this please?
    I also found this which seems to confirm:
    A spokesperson from the relevant policy team at the DfE told us that the floor targets for 2011 are the same as those used in the performance tables in December 2010.
    A primary school would be seen as underperforming if its results show that, at the end of Key Stage (KS) 2:
    • Under 60% of pupils achieve level 4 or above in English and maths; and
    • A below-average percentage of pupils make expected progress in English (national median is 87%); and
    • A below-average percentage of pupils make expected progress in maths (national median is 86%)
    The spokesperson confirmed that all three criteria must apply for a school to be described as underperforming.
    A spokesperson from the statistics team at the DfE confirmed that the 2010 floor standards remain current.
    We asked whether there would be new floor targets for 2012, and were told:
    P. I would have posted on assessment forum but it seems a bit quiet!

3. I was told this by my headteacher yesterday. Am panicking - with a small cohort and high levels of SEN, there's no way on earth we will achieve 60% L4 and above this year.

4. We achieved that last year quite easily
    and look to be on target to achieve it this year, although we may not quite match last year's results.
    So why are we in SM?
    Puzzled PM

5. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Maybe you could be doing better?