1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can SLT change/ informal support plan halfway through?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Anonymity, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Anonymity

Anonymity Occasional commenter

Asking on behalf of someone else - I have my own problems, but this is not related [​IMG]

A colleague in a neighbouring school is one of 24 members of staff who have been out on an informal 4 week support plan (I know him as we were at college together and share lifts to work sometimes)

He's had an email with observation alterations (seems fair enough?) but also saying there are going to be additional drop ins and extra work/ book scrutinies. Can they do this if they weren't part of the original support plan?

At the end of the four weeks, if not enough progress has been made he'll be on formal capability in September...

Thanks

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

It's informal so I'd think they can do what they like. Your colleague would have grounds to bring a grievance if they had changed the targets half way through but doesn't sound like that's happened, they're doing more measuring of progress towards the target.

3. Anonymity

Anonymity Occasional commenter

Thanks. That's what we thought. I'll clarify whether it's the targets, or whether it's just the evidence gathering.

He's very stressed about it and it just doesn't help. He's at work now, but he might be able to post later.