1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can science, history, ICT etc be done in any order

Discussion in 'Primary' started by smuc1, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,
    I'm just organising my Long term planning and want to make things link better this year which will require a reshuffling of topics. Are we allowed to do science units, ICT, DT Art, humantities and non-fiction in any order? Or do we have to do unit 2a first, 2b next etc?

2. Hi everyone,
    I'm just organising my Long term planning and want to make things link better this year which will require a reshuffling of topics. Are we allowed to do science units, ICT, DT Art, humantities and non-fiction in any order? Or do we have to do unit 2a first, 2b next etc?

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

You don't have to do the units at all, ever. All you have to teach are the skills and knowledge in the NC. If you choose to teach through the QCA units then that is fine, but you can choose to teach in any context you like.

If you do choose the QCA units then you can teach them in any order that makes sense with your other subjects.

4. Thanks Minnieminx!

5. It is amazing how much the QCA units have almost brainwashed us all. We have just moved over to C.C and it is SO hard to get our brains away from QCA! I am pleased to say that we are getting there (slowly)