1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can I teach in Scotland with a QTS?

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by jodiheyes, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Hi everyone, I'm new to these forums so hope this works!!
    Currently I am studying primary education in the junior years, its a 4 year course and leads to a QTS. I will have completed four teaching placements and 1 alternative placement when I have finished. I'm wanting to move to scotland when I have finished the course but looking at The QTC scotland website I'm unsure as to whether a QTS is enough and with my course focusing on an age range I may not be granted registration with the QTC. Living and teaching in scotland is my dream so I really do want to be able to teach there but all these websites are getting me confused.
    Hope someone can help and explain wether I will be able to teach in scotland, and/or if there is antoher course i need to do on top of the degree i am studying for??
    Thanks!

2. Hi everyone, I'm new to these forums so hope this works!!
    Currently I am studying primary education in the junior years, its a 4 year course and leads to a QTS. I will have completed four teaching placements and 1 alternative placement when I have finished. I'm wanting to move to scotland when I have finished the course but looking at The QTC scotland website I'm unsure as to whether a QTS is enough and with my course focusing on an age range I may not be granted registration with the QTC. Living and teaching in scotland is my dream so I really do want to be able to teach there but all these websites are getting me confused.
    Hope someone can help and explain wether I will be able to teach in scotland, and/or if there is antoher course i need to do on top of the degree i am studying for??
    Thanks!

3. TES_Community

TES_Community Administrator

Hi
    You may find it useful to post this in the Career clinic forum where Professor John Howson is on hand with expert advice.
    Bev, Community Manager