1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can I reinvent my frozen beefburgers?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by missmarm, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Hi All,
    I have an 8 pack of (raw) beefburgers in my freezer that I'd like to turn into mini spicy meatballs for my halloween party ... any reason why I shouldn't/couldn't? i.e. is it safe/ is it possible to?!
    Thanks for any advice!

2. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Of course you can. Once they've thawed out you're back to the point you put them in the freezer.

3. Thanks. I thought so. But wondering if they'll be harder to work with if they already have egg/breadcrumbs added - bought them in butchers.

4. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Not at all. Butchers burgers are far better than the more processed shop bought alternatives would be for this sort of thing.
    They'll be lovely.

5. expression ... can that really hit the admittedly weird buffers of the TES dictionary??

As for the burgers - go for it. I did something very similar when the APs visited. We didn't feel very well and couldn't be bothered to cook up an extravaganza so the butcher's burgers were turned into mini meatballs and slathered in the last of my tomoto sauce served with deli bought gnocchi and bread stick things with olives. Very nice they were too!