1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can I pick your brains please? (Year 2)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pigginkt, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Hey all

I'm doing non chronological reports next week and have been told it would be nice if it was linked to either puppets or toys (two topics we are doing in DT and history) How can I go about this? Do reports only work when it's for an animal or something similar?

How can I get this started?

Thanks!

2. Hey all

I'm doing non chronological reports next week and have been told it would be nice if it was linked to either puppets or toys (two topics we are doing in DT and history) How can I go about this? Do reports only work when it's for an animal or something similar?

How can I get this started?

Thanks!

3. hiya

Last year I was in yr 1/2 and I linked DT vehicles with recounts in literacy but I am sure could adapt to writing reports instead. Maybe write a class article. We designed vehicles first and then had an afternoon making them. I took pics of every stage of the making stage and then we sequenced pics day after, and then spent the week writing a recount and making posters with the recounts.

You could do this with puppets, then write about them, maybe a class article for a craft magazine?? These could be displayed in a puppet style display. Could also have a role play area like a theatre and make up plays using them.

I have some plans for what I did with vehicles and recounts if you like x

4. Hi please could you send me the plans for vehicles and recounts as im on placement in a year 1 class and struggling:( the plans would be much appreciated

5. comenius

comenius New commenter

They could research and write reports about different puppets - finger, glove, marionettes, shadow ...
    Subheadings could be - history of, country of origin, how they are made, famous ones etc.

6. Your report could compare an old toy with a contemporary one and explore why and how they are different.

7. HI, pigginkt,
    Why don't you think about introducing Non Chronological Report Writing through an imaginary creature e.g. Dragon. If you google Talk for Writing - Non Chronological Report Writing, Pie Corbett you will be sure to get some ideas.
    Good Luck