1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can i leave at Easter? Job only just come up

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by stressedinessex, Jan 22, 2011.

1. hi everyone

have just found a perfect job but it starts at Easter. The deadline for applications and interviews are not for another couple of weeks. Will it not be too late by then to hand my notice in? Not enjoying my current job anymore!

advice please!
    x

2. hi everyone

have just found a perfect job but it starts at Easter. The deadline for applications and interviews are not for another couple of weeks. Will it not be too late by then to hand my notice in? Not enjoying my current job anymore!

advice please!
    x

3. There's loads of posts on this. Resign by 28th Feb to start 30th April - or, if your school doesn't mind you not working the three days of that weird bank hol / royal wedding week, you could start elsewhere during the two week Easter hols. That would only really be relevent to a non-teaching job though.

4. thanks...i did have a quick look but hadn't found any answers by the 6th page in...and ive loads of marking that i should really be doing

5. Me too...