1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

can i hand in notice and leave in feb?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by The_Teacher1010, Dec 6, 2011.

1. I am in the same boat. I want to leave as soon as possible. I am off sick at the moment with depression which is work related. The thought of having to stay there until Easter makes me feel horrible.

2. To The_Teacher1010 - Have sent a message in your inbox.

3. I'm also in a similar position. Started a new job in September and now realise it was a big mistake :-( nice to know we're not alone.

4. Hi,

I know people will tell me not to make big decisions but I have made the decision to leave at Easter as I planned earlier. I know people will say that I need to be well to make a decision like this but I have considered this carefully and I have sought help and my GPs and people helping me who talk to me on a regular basis know that my problems are due to work.

I am still of sick and yes I do have days where I am very anxious and down and usually those are days when I am contacted by someone at school or I think of school. The head is leaving me alone but I am scared of her. Since having no contact with her my panic attacks have stopped. I know I need to resign by the end of Feb and I am in the process of writing my resignation letter. I just don't know how to go about resigning while off. Shall I post it to school? I really can not face talking to her or really having any contact with her at all. Shall I email it? Or both? My biggest fear is that she says she didn't get it and expects me to return! I need to move on with my life and I can't do that while tied to that place! Please help.

I really don't know what to do. If anyone has been in a similar situation or has any advice could they please help me.

Thank you.