1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can I go to an interview if signed off sick?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by _w_, Jun 15, 2007.

1. _w_

_w_

2. _w_

_w_

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

That would seem a bit iffy (without knowing any specifics).

4. Ask your union.

5. you are signed 'unfit to WORK' and going to an interview is very different from being at work, so I would say yes but to protect yourself ask the Dr if he/she considers that you are able to attend an interview. Is your absence at all related to work problems? In which case you have to consider if this is part of the solution to your health problems and can therefore be justified.

6. _w_

_w_

The absense was to allow me to recover from a chest infection (not contageous).

7. Legally yes. However the GTC will just use the words of the Headteacher so with them it doesn't matter. If the Head wants to get nasty on whim then they will use anything they can get their hands on.

I went off with work related stress and was just looking at agencies and beginning to start the long road of paper work when one just got my List 99 reading and without further ado (because I had worked for them years previously) began sending my details to schools including the school which was causing me the health problem.

As if they were instructed by me to do that!

This LEA(disgraced and school disgraced - failed inspections)is now being sued by me.

As for the GTC it is simply the mouth piece of the disgraced employer and is beneath contempt.

8. Technically yes. I agree that going to an interview is very different to going to work. I would say go to your doctors and get them to say you are ok to interview.

I went to an interview, as work was the problem- doctor actively encouraged me to go for interview! My current school were not happy, but as doctor backed me up there was nothing they could do.

9. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I think you'd better get this post removed immediately, Claire - you've given away so much personal information that you're now a sitting duck for professional misconduct charges - purely for having written this on the internet.

10. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Thanks to TES for removing the previous post to which I refer in my post.