1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can I get a performance management review for part of a year?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by molari, Jul 8, 2015.

1. I am about to complete a six month maternity cover. I have been on M6 for a couple of years but haven't stayed in the same school long enough to apply for threshold. My new Principle has offered to start me on UPS1 if I can get a performance review and recommendation from my current school. Unfortunately we never started the process since I never had a clear head of department or line manager. It will be a hassle for the school to try and get this together now so my question is this - do schools have an obligation to undertake a performance review for all teaching staff? Does this also extend to those who do not complete a whole year (in my case it will be just over six months).

If you are able to help then I really appreciate it.

2. wanet

wanet Star commenter

Each school has its own pay policy now! So not sure why you want this.

3. Well because my new school will give me UPS1 if I get a successful performance review and a threshold recommendation from my old school. But that's what I already said. I don't understand your comment.but I think my question is pretty clear?

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

The school is not obliged to PM you if their normal policy determines a specific length of cycle.

The new school can PM you when you've taught there long enough to comply with their policy.

5. OK - thanks for you answer.

6. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

I can't see any problem with you asking - you never know if your current school would be willing and able to help.