1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can I do this in the slow cooker?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by beckycharles, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Hello there lovely cookery forum folk,
    I fancy making this:
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5891/chilli-chicken-onepot
    Do you think I can make it in the slow cooker? Trying to use it much more than I do at the moment. If so, how long would you leave it?
    Thanks,
    Becky

2. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I can't find the recipe...typing the address into my address bar took me to a finance page!
    But, most recipes can be done in the slow-cooker (especially the one-pot recipes) - just check the amount of liquid.
    If the slowcooker is on 'Auto' I'd leave it most of the day...prepare in the morning, switch on, and leave until dinner-time!

3. Thanks, Bethannie, don't know why the link didn't work. I think it will probably need less liquid!

4. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

I copied the link and pasted it the browser. There's a lot of gear in that recipe. 16 pieces of chicken, a chorizo ring, 2 onions, 4 peppers, two cans of tomatoes and 3 cans of kidney beans.
    Are you sure you'd fit it all into a slow cooker?
    And according to the recipe, it only takes an hour to cook the way they suggest.
    I've got to be honest, I've never eaten anything from a slow cooker that wouldn't have been cooked better another way, and chicken in particular, in my opinion becomes tasteless and cloying on the palatte when stewed and over-cooked.

5. You've never tried my roast lamb then