1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can I do BTEC Sport for a PGCE/GTP???

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by todd89, Aug 1, 2011.

1. todd89

todd89 New commenter

I am wanting to undertake a secondary GTP or PGCE in PE and I am almost certain that in secondary, BTEC sport can be taken? I only remember doing GCSE PE at school (2001-2006) and doing BTEC at college (2006-2008). Therefore, I was wondering if it is at all possible to do the BTEC first diploma, I believe it is, in secondary as I love BTEC because I did it!

2. todd89

todd89 New commenter

Yes, that's great news!

I want to teach the BTEC first diploma in sport as I did the level 3 one at college, so I know the structure and what is expected of students. I also have the work at home to a distinction level, so this will help me further on what is expected.

3. frustum

frustum Established commenter

If you do PGCE, your training institution is likely to decide which of their placement schools you go to, so there's no guarantee that you'll be in a school that offers the course. It may be better for you not to be - the wider your range of experience, the more employable you will be. Those involved in your training will no doubt help you with what is expected and how to assess.