1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

can I be removed from UPS?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by peatles, Oct 19, 2011.

1. I have been on the UPS for some years. New leadership structure in school means I now have no leadership roles at all in school. Can I be removed from UPS??

I had a TLR for science so I presume that can be taken with immediate effect as I am no longer science leader? (I found out I was no longer science leader when I received an email in the summer with staff roles and responsibilities on it!)

2. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

UPS cannot be removed, and it has nothing to do with leadership structure. Your TLR is protected for 3 years, in that your salary cannot fall, but you will miss out on any pay rises during that period. You can be asked to take on other tasks during that time..
    Have you actually been told that your TLR is going? If not, you may find you are protected for 3 years after you have been told. My guess is that you seeing a new staffing structure is not sufficient, but I am not an expert here.