1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can I be considered

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by irtiqaa, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Hallo,

I am a teacher with teaching certificate from Kenya, I am unemployed and have been looking for a job but no luck, If I apply through TES jobs will I be considered? Or its out of question because am not from UK?

2. Hallo,

I am a teacher with teaching certificate from Kenya, I am unemployed and have been looking for a job but no luck, If I apply through TES jobs will I be considered? Or its out of question because am not from UK?

3. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Senior commenter

You will be considered but I don't know if your qualification is valid in the UK. However, you can apply for jobs both teaching and teaching assistant - but be prepared to earn less money if you are appointed as an unqualified teacher.......
    ..if you have a degree you could consider a one year teaching certificate in the UK or other - google around your local colleges to see if they can help you with courses
    . if you represent a black community, then you should look for employment in an inner city schools where you will be welcomed and have a great impact on the children's learning.
    Try an agency for a start, escpecially an agency that has both teachers and classroom assistants on their books.
    Good luck.