1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can I auction off old Art work

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by vikkicoates, May 14, 2012.

1. <font size="2">I have a large
    amount of old Art work still in the department and much of it is too good to
    just chuck out. I would like to do an Art auction for the work to help raise
    money for the school but don't know how to go about this or if it is even ok to
    do. Can anybody please help I would be really grateful.</font>
    Thanks
    Vikki

2. Having read previously in a forum that the School/Learing Trust/Borough/ etc own any work you as teacher while employed by them, such as worksheets/units/SoW, (someone asking about trying to sell ideas for worksheets/units/SoW), does that then extend to any work done by students as you have supplied all materials etc?
    If that's the case then, with the school's permission you should be able to sell any old work.
    No doubt someone with greater knowledge will correct me.

3. I held a silent auction of student's work last week and it was a hit! Parents and teachers bidding against each-other, phone-in bids, people hanging around waiting for the closure minute to get their last bid in. It was a lot of fun and a great way to raise money and bring the school community together.
    People are still coming and asking about buying, I have been asked to have a fireside sale next week with the rest of the work.
    I am leaving the school this year but this is to be continued for future years.
    I will donate the money to "Cultural Canvas" a very worth while art relief program in Thailand.

Good luck with it I hope you have a great time with it.