1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can I apply for MPS jobs if I am now on UPS1?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by MissConstrued, May 11, 2011.

1. The subject says it all really... am struggling to find posts that dont have MPS as pay scale criteria
    The issue is I dont want to spend all that time filling out application forms if I wont be considered.
    Could someone, possibly in a senior role, clarify this for me...
    Are the jobs advertising MPS teachers still worth applying for?
    Thanks in advance.

2. gergil4

gergil4 New commenter

I don't think you're allowed to be payed less than your scale. Also, think back to all those who have fought for better wages for you in the past!
    However, I'm not SLT. Have you tried posting on the Headteacher's forum?

3. Thank you for reply.
    I have put this post on SMT forum.
    I am not sure if my post is clear. I don't wish to go down to MPS as I have worked hard to get to where I am. I wanted to know if I would still be considered for the position if they are looking for MPS teachers..
    Thanks

4. gergil4

gergil4 New commenter

They won't pay more than MPS, so you probably won't be considered.

5. gergil4

gergil4 New commenter

Sorry - take Middlemarch's advice!!

6. which is what?

7. just read it!

8. breadmaker

breadmaker New commenter

Why not email the school and ask if the job is open to UPS applicants or MPS only? I have been in your position twice and both times, the reply has been " yes, open to UPS also, sorry if that wasn't clear in the advert".

9. Thank you breadmaker..I posted this on the SMT forum as well and middlemarch was able to clarify that I was still able to apply.
    Thank you very much for your response. This is the first time I have had to apply as a UPS teacher, so got a bit confused! [​IMG]