1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can I apply for a TLR vacancy?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by monkeychops, Apr 20, 2012.

1. monkeychops

monkeychops New commenter

A job I'm interested in has 2 vacancies. One is class teacher and the other includes a TLR for Literacy. Currently, I lead Literacy with another teacher in school but I am still on main pay scale. Am I eligible to apply for the TLR or will they require someone with more experience?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Of course you can. An NQT going into their second year could apply too if they so wished.
    The likelihood is someone with relevant experience will get it - but it sounds like you have good, relevant, recent experience.

3. monkeychops

Thanks. I suppose I'm really trying to decide if there is any point in applying or if I will make a fool of myself! I'm never sure how much experience is required.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

You already do the job! How much more experience could you have?

If you know you could do it by yourself and are not just hanging on the other person's coat-tails, and you meet all the criteria in the person spec and you want the job then go for it. Be daft not to.

Years count for nothing, it is what you do with them that matters.

5. monkeychops

Thanks everyone for your help. I think I was just doubting my experience even though I do think I could do the job well if given a chance. This was the reassurance I needed!