1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can finally be excited about next year's class!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Jun 21, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

YEAY!!!!!!!!

Am definitely moving from year 6 to year 2 and am very, very excited! I will also have the opportunity to work collaboratively with the reception teacher, so even more excited about that!

Never had a class below year 5 before in 15 years, so it is all new. Watch out for lots of posts asking nonsense on here!

Wish I was able to do cartwheels...

2. [​IMG] What a lovely happy post, enjoy your new class!
    I think year 2 is a lovely age/stage.

3. becky70

becky70 Occasional commenter

Good news - they are a good age to teach! It will be a world away from Years 5 and 6 mind you...

4. Hi, I too am very excited as I'm moving to Year 2 after teaching Reception for the last five years. So I'll be asking lots of questions too, looking forward to it!

5. lucylollipop

lucylollipop Occasional commenter

My friend moved from Yr 6 to Yr 2 last year and has loved it - it really reignited her passion for teaching and our Yr 2 SATs results, especially writing, are the most improved we've seen for years! Go minnieminx!

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Awww thank you all.. I spoke to the other year 2 teacher today, who has been in KS1 for ages. I was a little worried she wouldn't be happy with having a total novice, but she is thrilled as well! So my happiness is complete!

Still excited!

7. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

im also moving from UKS2 to year 2, and cant wait!!!!
    So excited!!!!!!