1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can endoscopies cause stomach pain?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Lilyofthefield, Jan 13, 2011.

1. I never used to suffer from indigestion, heartburn, pain, or anything like that until I started being investigated for a lump that can't possibly be responsible for any of them. Three endoscopies and umpteen biopsies later, I am having to avoid coffee and alcohol like the plague and severely reduce portion size to avoid feeling bloated and acid-y.
    When this first started I went (AGAIN) to the doctor and he said it was all in the mind, that four tiny little biopsies wouldn't cause pains in my stomach and that no, they hadn't poked the endoscope through my stomach and that stress was more likely to be responsible. Well was six months ago and it's got worse not better.
    Any ideas?

2. I never used to suffer from indigestion, heartburn, pain, or anything like that until I started being investigated for a lump that can't possibly be responsible for any of them. Three endoscopies and umpteen biopsies later, I am having to avoid coffee and alcohol like the plague and severely reduce portion size to avoid feeling bloated and acid-y.
    When this first started I went (AGAIN) to the doctor and he said it was all in the mind, that four tiny little biopsies wouldn't cause pains in my stomach and that no, they hadn't poked the endoscope through my stomach and that stress was more likely to be responsible. Well was six months ago and it's got worse not better.
    Any ideas?

3. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

I'm afraid that I think it is entirely possible. Doctors belief that they have full understanding of the impacts and side effects of their procedures scares the **** out of me.