1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can cats be gay?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by highschooler, Aug 1, 2011.

1. I'm a bit worried about one of our cats. He's a big, black fluffy male and I thought I saw him this afternoon cavorting with a ginger tom. And the other day when I picked up my laptop it was logged into a gay cat website (www.tomontom.com). To make matters worse, he's going to the cattery later this week without me! If he had a bit of bald skin I reckon he'd have a tattoo.
    I just don't know what to do.

2. I'm a bit worried about one of our cats. He's a big, black fluffy male and I thought I saw him this afternoon cavorting with a ginger tom. And the other day when I picked up my laptop it was logged into a gay cat website (www.tomontom.com). To make matters worse, he's going to the cattery later this week without me! If he had a bit of bald skin I reckon he'd have a tattoo.
    I just don't know what to do.

3. anon468

anon468 New commenter

You are soooooooooo bad! [​IMG]

4. Well, just a little bit:)

5. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Oh, the wee bug.ger!!!! I had my eye on that cat. I was going to have his babies!! [​IMG]

6. lardylady

lardylady Lead commenter

Accept him for who he is and buy him a pink collar.

7. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Apparently it's fairly common for ducks to be gay.
    Seriously!

8. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I'm going to get slaughtered for this, but what the heck. Apologies in advance to anybody who might be offended by this daft joke.
    Q: How do you get rid of gay mice?
    A: Get hold of a po*fy cat

9. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Snigger

10. Nice one!

11. lardylady

lardylady Lead commenter

[​IMG]

12. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Yes, they can.
    Read Michael. RP (1961): Observations upon the sexual behavior of the domestic cat (Felis catus L.) under laboratory conditions. Behaviour 78:1. 79. 6 1
    and
    Michael. RP (1961) "Hypersexuality" in Male Cats without Brain Damage. Science, 134, 553-4

13. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

14. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Heh, heh - that cat looks well and truly p*ssed off! [​IMG]

15. I have just told my cat this joke.....He listened intently.
    He is gay, I am sure of it. He thinks he is butch and a proper Tom, but he and his late pal (the Tom who lived two doors up the road) were brought up together. As kittens they frolicked together in the gardens. As mature cats they'd bask in the sun together and lick each other. Mine would let Simba in to share his food....no worries. His pal used to come and sleep on my sofas and mine would even give up his own 'place' for him. They were together for eleven years. They'd both been neutered so there was nothing physical going on apart for the lying together and grooming each other. It was very sweet. My neighbours - the owners of his pal - told me my cat would go to their door too and he'd be welcome. Whatever happened to tom cats being territorial and aggressive?
    If mine's not gay he is completely dumb (he is actually, no two ways about it) and hasn't read the "How To Behave Like A Proper Tom Cat" handbook.
    He is lost without his mate. Old Simba was put to sleep a while ago...just a week or so after we lost our other cat too. From three cats in the house we went down to one, and he was left without any companions. Some days my old boy looks so lost.

16. "Hypersexuality" in Male Cats without Brain Damage.

[​IMG] Laughing here! This would explain it......

17. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Awwwwww. That was such a lovely post. I feel for your cat. One of mine lost his wee pal (due to their moving house) and he has been a little bit lost ever since. It's so sad.

18. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Thought it might....
    [​IMG]

19. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Awww, Archey. That's such a sweet story.