1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can anyone think of "tea" activities? Cup of tea - not eating tea!!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by roise, Jan 27, 2012.

1. roise

roise New commenter

How about sorting different tea bag shapes circles, pyramids and squares. Counting tea bags and matching them to cups to see if there are enough or too many. Creating colours with herbal teas, green for mint, red for rose hip, yellow for camomile. Putting loose tea into trays for exploring or for making letters or numbers with their fingers. Sorting Tea boxes. Warm (not too warm obviously) water in the water trolley with tea pots and cups and saucers. Reading fortunes in the tea leaves. Making tea adverts.

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

Has anyone mentioned drinking it?
    [​IMG]

3. Thanks everyone! Will try to buy as many coloured, shaped and flavoured tea bags as I can. Don't think I'll
    Get it all in lidl's!

4. Leapyearbaby64

Leapyearbaby64 New commenter

You can paint with tea bags too! Sqeeze out the excess water first.

5. Leapyearbaby64

Leapyearbaby64 New commenter

Oh sorry you said that. Must not speed read.

6. Fantastic - will try and let you know

7. the tiger who came to tea story cant think of the writer off my head but a well known and loved book by all my preschoolers, we had a tea party after we had a knock at the door of nursery and there sat on the step was a tiger just like in the story, i bought i tin of dog food and changed the label and made a tiger food label , just like in the book it was great for communication language and lit and the children then started to re tell the story in the home corner with no adults.

8. Thanks for the reminder - it had totally gone out of my head. Doh!!

9. only in my head as we have just done it, love that book
    my next steps is to change my role play into a jungle now :)

10. Msz

Msz Established commenter

[​IMG]
    you could create an alien tea party menu