1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can anyone suggest a maternity gift?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by mushroomz, Jan 24, 2012.

1. mushroomz

mushroomz New commenter

Hi there!

My dear colleague is leaving in a month or so on maternity leave. I really want to get her a leaving present, but have no idea what to get her! I don't want to get smellies, as she has literally suitcases full of ones that she has been given by the kids over the years!

Anyone any ideas?

Thanx a bunch!

2. mushroomz

mushroomz New commenter

Hi there!

My dear colleague is leaving in a month or so on maternity leave. I really want to get her a leaving present, but have no idea what to get her! I don't want to get smellies, as she has literally suitcases full of ones that she has been given by the kids over the years!

Anyone any ideas?

Thanx a bunch!

3. I was pleased to receive a lovely, fluffy warm dressing gown as a gift when I went on maternity leave. Perfect for night feeds. I also appreciated luxury gifts - a Dior mascara and some perfume. Things I can no longer afford to splash out on with maternity pay! However, the fact that you're bothering to think so carefully about a gift will mean as much to your colleague as the gift itself.

4. mushroomz

mushroomz New commenter

Aaah, thanks Harriet! Not too sure about the dressing gown, as I don't know her size and wouldn't want to offend! I generally steer clear of clothing gifts for this reason. But the mascara sounds good, as does the perfume!

I'll have a think anyway!

:)

5. How about a voucher to get a pedicure? She could use it pre baby to ensure she has pretty toes when they are up round her ears :) or post baby when she can actually see her feet again! I remember receiving so many baby gifts that when I got gifts just for me they were really special. You sound like a lovely friend she's lucky to have you x

6. I'd second pedicure. So hard to reach those toes in the end :)

7. mushroomz

mushroomz New commenter

Some great ideas! Thanks everyone! I think i might well go with a foot related gift - bed socks are perhaps the most promising - or alternatively some nice slippers!