1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

can anyone relate?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Kaitheman9898, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Kaitheman9898

Kaitheman9898 New commenter

I'm not normally fazed by the things that go on in work, I tend to bite my tongue and continue. This is the way i have always been when at work but, today and the days so far this week. The responsibilities and the jobs i have to got left to do is a huge list. I don't know whether i am getting stressed at the fact I've been so unproductive or the fact that I've been given a lot more to do by the boss, and I always think that unless you are the head then every single teacher is stressed at some point. The responsibilities of the meetings, being a line manager to other members of staff is too much. Especially when I have lots of planning to do and a s*** load of training to prepare. I think what I am getting at is tat I've been a member of the senior leadership team since last year and it hasn't been at all close to how stressful this week has been. To top it all off the PiXL results are in and half the faculty did good and half the classes very bad.

2. ValentinoRossi

ValentinoRossi Star commenter

What exactly is your role?

What were your expectations of being SLT?

Do you really think that HTs do not suffer from stress?

bombaysapphire likes this.
  3. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

*Shakes her head......
    I take it you aren't a Head of Fac - English or Humanities. Might I hazard a guess we are looking at a practical subject or Drama even. The OP has been on SMT a year so must be in the swing of line managing staff. If half the Faculty have done well then surely it should be a good plan to "buddy" people up within the Fac so those who did "badly" can maybe pick up some tips?
    Sorry though that the start to the year has been frenetic - I suppose that is really the same scene everywhere. Maybe a "laid-back" HT isn't a bad thing?

Kaitheman9898 likes this.
  4. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

That's the job. If you don't want these things, then you need to look at another role.

Having said that, yes, I can relate to it. Some people don't pull their weight and when you feel like you're drowning under your own workload that can be very, very irritating.

Kaitheman9898 likes this.