1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can anyone recommend a website/shop to buy a salwar kameez?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by kcmatt, Jun 5, 2007.

1. We're having an India day at school and I really want a salwar kameez to wear. I don't want to spend a lot, however. I found a great website but it will take up to 6 weeks to deliver!

Does anyone know a good website, or could recommend a shop in London that I could try?

Thanks

2. We're having an India day at school and I really want a salwar kameez to wear. I don't want to spend a lot, however. I found a great website but it will take up to 6 weeks to deliver!

Does anyone know a good website, or could recommend a shop in London that I could try?

Thanks

3. If you go into an Asian area, there'll be some shops selling them, they'll be able to help. Pity I'm not nearer you could have borrowed one of mine!

4. Shalwar sweetie for a lovely cheap outfit market prices do go into the East End if you live nearby. You do have to mix with poor people but it can be educative. Green Street near Upton Park Tube has a huge range of shops that will help. The trouser parts often have very large waisted bit which are difficult to get used too perhaps just wear a bright attractive top and wear with leggings of some sort.
    Well done for trying sweetie .....

5. COuld you borrow one from a parent? Maybe you are not v multicultural, though. You could do a search for shops in Leicester's Belgrave area. Tons of sari/shalwar shops there.

6. Where abouts are you....Leicester has an Asian shopping area that has lots of brilliant shops, or Bradford, manchester.

7. this is the best Asian department store in Bradford where i live. They have an online/telephone service

https://www.bombaystores.biz/bombaystoresonline/index.asp

8. Bless you for your advice Gon, but you can actually spell it salwar too. There are many names and varieties of spelling. Never mind, sweetie. BTW, I'm well used to mixing with poor people, that wouldn't bother me. Not sure what that's got to do with Indian dress though.

Thanks for that link, blade. I'll have a look tonight.

9. try http://www.anarkali.co.uk

Very nice dresses at reasonable prices. Next day delivery.

Their have unique dresses and you won't find anywhere else this designs. We ordered it for our school show and it service was excellent.

They have Chat functionality on the website so that you can talk to Customer Service straight away.

They are based in London