1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can anyone recommend a Web Host for Word Press?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by pmp4, Jul 6, 2012.

1. I am looking for a good UK based Web Host that can host the Word Press site I am writing for my school. any recommendations please?

2. I am looking for a good UK based Web Host that can host the Word Press site I am writing for my school. any recommendations please?

3. If you want your own url I would recommend AR Hosting they have a bronze web hosting package for £10 for a year. You only get 50mb of webspace though so if your thinking of using to upload and share files then it's probably not the best option, however if it is just for a blog it's as cheap as chips!
    Alternatively save yourself a tenner and use wordpress.com.

4. PAC Web Hosting - really good, about £40 per year and we use them for my current department Wordpress-based website. Never had a single problem and they respond really quickly to support tickets, as well as accepting PayPal/credit card etc.

5. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

I'd suspect that as it is for a school the user needs the assurances that the UK Data Protection legislation provides.